Date: 6 July
Time: 16:00 - 18:00 CET
The fifth and final webinar of the Canada-EU Exchange, organized by BPIE, will explore data collection, tools, and databases that ensure the best available figures to inform policymaking and benchmarking for building policy.
The webinar will start with an overview of best practices for data collection and managing large-scale data inventories for buildings, followed by a discussion on evidence-based decision-making: Canadian and European experts will explore emerging indicators and discuss how data can inform broader energy efficiency policies that support the decarbonization of buildings.
Presentations and panel discussions will look to address the following questions:
- What are the key indicators required as the backbone of robust energy efficiency policy?
- What are the arguments and models are that can convince a wide range of stakeholders – private individuals, companies, utilities, and institutions – to share their data? What are the incentives to get them to share?
- How do you mitigate and overcome privacy obstacles? How great an obstacle is the “privacy” issue?
- What is the ideal regulatory framework to break down the existing barriers to facilitate comprehensive and transparent data collection?
- Given your experience with data collection and databases, who is your key target audience? Private sector decision making? Policy makers?
See the agenda here.