Place: Business Pavilion - The Climate Pledge Theatre (Hall 5)
Time: 14:30 - 15:30 GMT
Globally, SMEs account for over 90% of businesses. Climate action by SMEs is therefore essential if we are to achieve our global goal of an inclusive net zero economy, consistent
with the ambition of the Race to Zero. This session will explore some of the challenges and opportunities for engaging SMEs, highlighting action by government, finance and businesses, as well as featuring SMEs who have already made the SME Climate Commitment. The session will also introduce an SME Climate Hub tool being launched by BSR and CISL that will provide a free online training course for global SMEs in decarbonisation.
Hosted by – We Mean Business Coalition, CLG UK
- Clare Shine, Director and CEO, CISL
- Andrew Griffith, Net Zero Business Champion, BEIS – tbc
- Giulio Berruti, Director, BSR
- Eithne George, Programme Director, CISL
- Peter Simpson, CEO, Anglian Water
- Alison Rose, CEO Natwest – tbc
- Francisco González, Chairman, BBVA
More information on the We Mean Business website.