COP26 #BuildingsPavilion - Cities, Regions and Built Environment Day
Watch the recording of the event :
Place: Buildings Pavilion - Boardroom (Hall 4) - 16 places available
Time: 11:00 - 12:00 GMT
ICLEI’s session will demonstrate the centrality of cities in driving action in the built environment, with representatives from Global South and North, showcasing how buildings and neighbourhoods can be designed to be low-emission, inclusive and resilient. Foster + Partners presents a science-based journey refurbishing the historic Acciona Ombu building in Madrid., emphasising community, business, low carbon and circular economy benefits. Alongside pushing standards in constructing and operating buildings, collaboration with occupiers and stakeholders is key. Paul Williams, CEO of Derwent London, will present the case for working together to make workplaces sustainable and beautiful.
This session will be broadcast live on BuildingToCOP, We Mean Business and GlobalABC's websites.
- Kirsty Griffin, Senior Officer, ICLEI Africa
- Yann Francoise, Head of climate, energy and circular economy strategies, City of Paris
- Chris Trott, Head of Sustainability, Foster + Partners
- Paul Williams, CEO, Derwent London
- Hilari Varnadore, Vice President for Cities, U.S. Green Building Council