As the impacts of climate change intensify around the globe, the need has never been greater for climate change adaptation. Countries have been rising to the adaptation challenge by submitting updated Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) with increasingly detailed adaptation components and extensive priorities. But as countries move towards implementation, what challenges remain, and how will detailed adaptation planning translate to on the ground action?
This webinar will briefly present WRI findings on the adaptation components of the updated NDCs, exploring how they have changed and how they were developed, and will showcase new data on the Climate Watch platform. Following this presentation, the webinar aims to foster discussions about next steps for the updated adaptation NDCs and how to remove barriers to their implementation to advance adaptation.
- Ralien Bekkers, Senior Country Engagement Specialist, NDC Partnership
- Christian Ledwell, Knowledge Manager, NAP Global Network
- Matti Goldberg, Programme Officer, UNFCCC
- Theophile Dusengimana, Environment and Climate Change Policy Specialist
- Radha Wagle, Division Chief and Joint Secretary, Nepal Ministry of Forests and Environment
- Preety Bhandari, Senior Advisor, Global Climate Program, World Resources Institute (Moderator)
Join World Resources Institute on Wednesday, May 25th at 9:00am EDT / 8:00am COT / 3:00pm CAT to discuss the pressing topic of adaptation in the updated NDCs and their implementation.
👉 Register here.