MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
The Brazilian Council for Sustainable Construction, is a nationwide Civil Society Organization of Public Interest, as a result of the articulation between business leaders, researchers, consultants, acting professionals, and opinion leaders. To this end, it adopts a systemic view of sustainability, focusing on the construction sector and its interrelationships with the financial sector, government, academia and civil society. Additionally, the entity relates to important national and international organizations that deal with the theme, from different perspectives, from the environmental, social and economic responsibility of business.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
Its main objectives are to contribute to the generation and dissemination of knowledge and good sustainability practices in civil construction which is implemented by:
- promoting innovation;
- integrating the construction sector with other sectors of society;
- forming networks of strategic partners;
- developing guidelines, and tools for the sector;
- discussing public and sectoral policies;
- coordinating intersectoral solutions and actions aimed at optimizing the use of natural, social and economic resources, reducing the negative effects of construction activity and maximizing its beneficial effects for a healthier environment and a more balanced society.