GlobalABC Webinar: Green buildings vs. the crisis
Green stimulus programmes in the building sector: a solution for economic recovery and climate protection?
Stimulus programmes for the building sector can boost a Green Recovery after Covid-19. Over 10% of global GDP and 220 million jobs depend on the building sector globally. The programmes can be highly effective to stimulate the economy, while moving the whole sector to a new and greener state.
Practitioners and development banks present successful green building programmes and discuss possibilities for financing them. The event is organised by the Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction and its Work Area on Finance.
The webinar will feature:
- Yves-Laurent Sapoval, GlobalABC Co-Chair, France, Ministry of Environment
- Rusmir Music, Global Business Development Lead for EDGE Green Buildings Program, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Yuliia Holovatiuk-Ungureanu (TBC), CEO Energy Efficiency Fund, Ukraine
- José Lopez, Principal Advisor, Energy Efficiency, Agence Francaise de Développement, AFD
- Roland Hunziker, GlobalABC Co-Chair, Director, Sustainable Buildings & Cities, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Christiana Hageneder, Head of Secretariat and Head of Programme, Programme for Energy Efficiency in Buildings (PEEB)
Date: 23 September 2020
Time: 15:30 - 17:00 (CET)