GlobalABC - Buildings sector solution
The Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC) was founded at COP21 and is hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). With 267 members, including 38 countries, the GlobalABC is the leading global platform for governments, private sector, civil society, research, and intergovernmental organizations committed to a common vision: A zero-emission, efficient and resilient buildings and construction sector.
The GlobalABC aims to:
- Be a global advocate and a catalyst to action: GlobalABC advocates for market transformation and focuses on catalysing action by defining a carbon neutrality strategy for the built environment.
- Be a trusted platform to set targets and track progress: GlobalABC tracks progress in its annual Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction (Buildings-GSR), and its Building Climate Tracker, a new index to track progress in decarbonization in the sector.
- Support countries in setting priorities and measures based on their situation: GlobalABC develops policy guidance and global and regional buildings and construction roadmaps outlining aspirational targets, timelines, and key actions for essential policies and technologies, and, offering a model for national and city-level buildings and construction roadmaps to support and raise the ambition of NDCs.
Join the GlobalABC now!
- The buildings sector represents 40 per cent of Europe’s energy demand, 80 per cent of it from fossil fuels. This makes the sector an area for immediate action.
- The sector accounted for over 34 per cent of energy demand and around 37 per cent of energy and process-related CO2 emis