The Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC) works towards a zero-emission, efficient, and resilient buildings and construction sector through:
- Raising ambitions to meet the Paris climate goals. While the sector is a major emitter, it also holds huge potential for improvement. We work to raise the level of ambition in retrofitting existing buildings and future-proofing the investments that we will see going into new buildings over the next 15 years.
- Mobilizing all actors along the value chain. Faced with a fragmented value chain, all stakeholders – from design to construction, operations and demolition in the private and public sectors – need to play their part. We encourage policy frameworks that promote both uptake of existing, cost-effective solutions and private sector innovation – using sustainable public procurement as a lever to create markets and investor security.
Mission & Vision
It is our mission to connect governments, private sector and organisations to drive the transformation towards a zero-emission, efficient, and resilient buildings and construction sector to achieve our vision that in a future-proof world all buildings – old and new – are zero emission, efficient and resilient.
The GlobalABC aims to:
- Be a global advocate and a catalyst to action: GlobalABC advocates for market transformation and focuses on catalysing action by defining a carbon neutrality strategy for the built environment.
- Be a trusted platform to set targets and track progress: GlobalABC tracks progress in its annual Global Status Report for Buildings and Construction (Buildings-GSR), and its Building Climate Tracker, a new index to track progress in decarbonization in the sector.
- Support countries in setting priorities and measures based on their situation: GlobalABC develops policy guidance and global and regional buildings and construction roadmaps outlining aspirational targets, timelines, and key actions for essential policies and technologies, and, offering a model for national and city-level buildings and construction roadmaps to support and raise the ambition of NDCs.
With 189 members, including 33 countries, the GlobalABC is the leading global platform for governments, the private sector, civil society and intergovernmental and international organizations to increase action towards a zero-emission, efficient and resilient buildings and construction sector.