Date: 12 July
Time: 13:00 - 14:30 EDT / 19:00 - 20:30 CET
The Saudi Green Building Forum hosts a side-event on "The Honest Voice: Bridge the Gap Between Empowerment & Sustainability Ensuring Heath, Safety & the Environment post-COVID" on the occasion of the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development 2021!
COVID-19 has impacted nearly all areas of human life, natural resources, and the implantation of sustainable development goals. “The Honest Voice” requires strengthening the science-policy interface, building community resilience through empowering independent education, health and safety systems supported by multi-sectoral and cross-disciplinary action.
This virtual side event will be an open discussion and will present engagement of all stakeholders “leaving no one behind” to bridge the gap between public and private sectors role in archiving SDGs through the lens of SDG12 "responsible consumption and production". Government representatives, expert speakers, youth and local NGOs will discuss the best way to go forward on the expression “The Honest Voice: Bridge the Gap Between Empowerment & Sustainability Ensuring Health, Safety & the Environment post-COVID", and delegates will cover replicable and collaborative solutions to:
- Longer-term priorities for the future we want, by recognizing ensuring natural resources economic empowerment, access to finance, decent work, equal pay, and social security
- Realization of the right to education, with regard to underrepresented fields such as science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Ensure full, equal and meaningful participation, representation and leadership between women and men at all levels and in all fields
- Address the impact of climate change and uneven natural disasters
- Ending all forms of violence and harmful practices
- Protection from armed conflict and ensuring participation in peace talks and mediation processes
- Achieving preventive health care, with a focus on the universal 'value chain'.