MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
IHRB is an internationally-recognized think and do tank on the human rights dimensions of business, founded in 2009. Its mission is to make human rights part of everyday business by shaping policy, advancing practice, and strengthening accountability. IHRB deploys a mix of human rights-based research, engagement, and collaborative action with businesses, governments, financial actors, and representatives of civil society to effect positive change. Its built environment programme brings a human rights approach throughout the built environment lifecycle and strengthens the social dimensions of climate action in the built environment. Particular thematic focuses of the built environment programme include housing, health, participation, non-discrimination and the rights of construction workers.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
1. Explainer: "What’s needed for a just transition in the built environment":
2. Report: "Better Buildings: Financing Inclusive Decarbonisation in Europe” with recommendations for policy-makers and investors
3. "Transforming the Way We Build” - Global multi-stakeholder workshop prior to COP27
4. Global research, narrative and advocacy project: “Building for Today and the Future - Advancing a Just Transition in the Built Environment”, involving international framing and outreach accompanied by deep dives in eight cities globally:
5. Multiple interventions and commentaries in the context of COP27