MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
Korea Real Estate Board (REB) is a public agency under the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. REB is composed 4 Divisions, 1 Research Institute, 16 Offices, 57 Departments. There are 1,181 members. REB maintains stability and order in the real estate market, contribute to protecting the profits and benefits of real estate consumers, and promote the development of the real estate industry. REB especially contributes to carbon neutrality in the building sector by registering the GHG emissions standardized baseline of residential buildings in Republic of Korea to UNFCCC(CDM) for the first time in the world, We have operated Korea National Building Energy Integrated Management System(K-NBEMS). K-NBEMS is composed of data linking 7.31 million buildings register information and monthly energy usage data. Our building energy usage statistics were approved by the nation in 2019 and have been published in May every year. REB has contributed to the reduction of GHG in buildings by performing green & energy certification, review, and evaluation tasks related to buildings.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
Mission: REB will maintain stability and order in the real estate market, contribute to protecting the profits and benefits of real estate consumers, and promote the development of the real estate industry.
ESG Vision: Real estate professional organization that works with the people to create a sustainable future
Strategic Direction: Leading Green Management (Green-REB) Strategic Strategic
- Leading the way in reducing GHG emissions in real estate - Leading the reduction of GHG emissions in the construction industry and supporting national policies - Developing financial support decarbonization progam linked to national housing fund - Providing building energy DB in ESG company evaluation - Upgrading real estate energy DB-based services
- Dissemination of Green Buildings - Creating Green Ecosystem by activating the Zero Energy Building Market - Advancing & Enhancing the Green Certification System - Inducing energy saving by supporting Green Building Policies
- Practice eco-friendly management together - Expanding the introduction of renewable energy and efforts to improve energy efficiency - Spreading an eco-friendly culture all together
More activities related to buildings and construction for climate action:
- Korea Real Estate Board(REB) developed the world-first standards for building GHG emissions measurement (standard baseline) and established a foundation for anyone who owns a house to easily participate and receive GHG emission rights.
- REB participated in the 81st UNFCCC CDM Expert Workshop (20.02.17, Germany) to announce the status of excellent database construction and building standard baseline calculation procedures and results, inform the UNFCCC CDM Secretariat of Korea's excellence and expertise in promoting carbon neutral policies and complete the building standard baseline for the first time in the world.(20.81)
- REB has operated Korea National Building Energy Integrated Management System linking 7.31 million buildings register information and monthly energy use information were developed, and the energy usage statistics of the building sector were approved by the state in 2019 and have been published in May every year.
- REB contributes to the government's policies such as establishing the second basic plan for green buildings, establishing a 2030 national GHG reduction roadmap, and establishing a 2050 carbon neutral roadmap by providing building energy usage statistics and data analysis results.
- REB has operated a GHG target management system for the construction industry since 2017, designating more than four construction companies as GHG reduction target management companies, and supporting the establishment of reduction targets and achievement of reduction targets
- REB developed Local Government Green Architecture Evaluation System with six indicators for multilateral evaluation: energy consumption efficiency (use per unit area), local government characteristics reflection indicators (residential/population, non-residential/GRDP), effort (reduction rate), and policy implementation (green building ratio and public building energy consumption)
- REB has contributed to the reduction of greenhouse gases in buildings by performing greenhouse building certification, review, and evaluation tasks