UNITED KINGDOM - Department for Energy Security and Net Zero
Address: 1, Victoria Street, London
Region of Activities: United Kingdom
Type: National governments
MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
The Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ) is focused on the energy portfolio from the former Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
- delivering security of energy supply
- ensuring properly functioning energy markets
- encouraging greater energy efficiency
- seizing the opportunities of net zero to lead the world in new green industries
DESNZ priorities for 2023
- Ensure security of energy supply this winter, next winter and in the longer-term – bringing down energy bills and reducing inflation.
- Ensure the UK is on track to meet its legally binding Net Zero commitments and support economic growth by significantly speeding up delivery of network infrastructure and domestic energy production.
- Improve the energy efficiency of UK homes, businesses and public sector buildings to meet the 15% demand reduction ambition.
- Deliver current schemes to support energy consumers with their bills and develop options for long-term reform to improve how the electricity market works for families and businesses.
- Seize the economic benefits of Net Zero, including the jobs and growth created through investment in new green industries.
- Pass the Energy Bill to support the emerging CCUS and hydrogen sectors; to update the governance of the energy system; and to reduce the time taken to consent offshore wind.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
More information here