The EU Buildings Climate Tracker finds that the European Union is facing a growing gap in advancing towards climate neutrality in the sector. This paper is complementary as it gives more details about the methodology and outlines results for all sub-indicators of the Tracker.
A first policy briefing highlighting its overall results as well as concrete policy recommendations for the EPBD revision was published in June 2022. This complimentary paper gives more details about the methodology and outlines results for all sub-indicators of the EU Buildings Climate Tracker:
- CO₂ emissions from energy use in buildings by households and services
- Final energy consumption in households and the service
- Improvement in EPC ratings
- Renewable energy share
- Cumulated investment in renovation in real terms
- Annual domestic expenditure per household in real terms