COP Side Event
Location: World Bank Pavilion, Blue Zone
The event will bring together key stakeholders to discuss how to scale up green city investments, with a focus on access to climate and green financing. The event will demonstrate how the World Bank Group, as the largest multilateral climate financier, is already scaling up its support to cities in a way that greatly increases potential to mobilize urban climate finance from the public and private sector and plans to accelerate these efforts.
- Mr. Emmanuel Nyirinkindi, Vice President, Cross-cutting solutions
- Mr. Juergen Voegele, World Bank Vice President for Sustainable Development
- Mr. Mohamed Taher Elsherief, Alexandria (Egypt), Governor
- Mr. Mahmoud Youssry Shaarawy, Minister of Local Development, Egypt
- Dr. Heike Litzinger, Head of Division, Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany BMZ