Time: 12:00 - 13:00 GMT
Place: Built Environment Digital Pavilion - Online
Urgent action to create sustainable city regions is essential to support sustainable, zero-carbon living and to tackle the climate and ecological emergency. Using inspirational case studies from leading city regions from around the world, this interactive session will enable policy makers, community groups and development professionals to learn from City leaders who have helped to create exemplar built-environment projects, explaining:
- How city and region-wide initiatives can be used to create clean energy, and to help people use resources sustainably
- How barriers to creating a zero-carbon built environment, in development and operation, can be overcome,
- How community engagement can be enhanced to create sustainable cities and regions that work for everyone,
- How regional government, communities, and the built environment sector can work together to unlock sustainable living at scale,
- How to deliver a zero-carbon region in practice.
This event has been organised by Bioregional, Good Homes Alliance and Passivhaus Trust.