Place: #BuildingsPavilion Auditorium (lot. n°113)
Date: 15 November 2022
Time: 12:00-13:00 Eastern European Time
Lead organisation(s): ICLEI
Partners: ICLEI, São Paulo, German Energy Agency (dena), Mission Innovation - Urban Transitions Mission, Kampala Capital Authority, The EXCESS Project
The roll-out of Positive Energy Buildings and Districts (PEB&Ds) will play a key role in helping local governments reach ambitious climate mitigation and resilience goals in cities of the Global South and North. Whilst technological solutions for the new development and future-proofing of existing neighborhoods exist, key socio-economic, planning, and investment challenges must be addressed to bring PEB&Ds to reality.
Following a short presentation of inspiring building- and district-level examples from across the world, high-level representatives from the Global South and North will reflect on how barriers to the mainstreaming of the PEB&Ds concept can be overcome. The panel will discuss technical innovation, regulatory and financial solutions and identified success factors that will help to accelerate strategic key elements of PEDs, such as transnational joint PED framework definition, multi-level and cross-sector cooperation, and holistic policies to foster resilience and equity and well-being at the community level.
- Wolfgang Teubner, ICLEI Regional Director for Europe (Moderator)
- Mohamed Sefiani, Mayor, Chefchaouen Municipality, Morocco
- Giorgia Rambelli, Director, Mission Innovation - Urban Transitions Mission
- Aline Cardoso, Head of the Economic Development and Labor Department, City of São Paulo, Brazil (TBC)
- Doreen Nyanjura, Deputy Lord Mayor of Kampala, Uganda
- Ang Ye, Team Lead, Division of Urban Energy Transition, German Energy Agency (dena)