Place: #BuildingsPavilion Auditorium (lot. n°113)
Date: 9 November 2022
Time: 9:00-10:00 Eastern European Time
Lead organisation(s): IFC
Partners: ARISE Network
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is replicating its success in decarbonizing the building sector with EDGE green building certification for climate adaptation with Building Resilience Index. It is a web-based hazard mapping and resilience assessment framework for buildings, designed to facilitate access to location-specific hazard information, provide measures to mitigate risks, and improve transparency for disclosing a building’s resilience information between stakeholders, with the goal of channeling capital toward more resilient buildings.
Financial institutions have a key role to play in accelerating the transition to a more resilient building sector. We are already seeing forward-looking financial institutions responding to climate risks by encouraging borrowers to manage and adapt to climate change, responding to investor demand for climate-friendly portfolios, and financing more climate-smart investments.
The panel will bring together IFC and partners to explore how Building Resilience Index can promote scaling up green and resilient building practices and investments.
- Ommid Saberi, EDGE Global Technical Lead & Building Resilience Index Global Lead, IFC
- Aris Papadopoulos, Founding Chair, Resilience Action Fund (pre-recorded video)
- Liza Silerio, ARISE Global Member & VP, SM Prime Holdings
- Angelo Tan, EDGE & Building Resilience Index Program Philippines Country Lead, IFC
- Jo Ann B. Eala, Vice President & Head of Sustainability Office, BPI