Place: #BuildingsPavilion Auditorium (lot. n°113)
Date: 16 November 2022
Time: 18:30-19:30 Eastern European Time
Lead organisation(s): French Institute for Building Performance (IFPEB)
Partners: French MTE, OPENEX, Marrakech National School of Architecture & others
The successful decarbonization of the building sector calls for a shift towards less carbon-intensive lifestyles. This requires a real societal transition towards different behaviors and imaginaries around space, materials and energy consumption. For the building sector, this means acting on demand and working with designers, builders, owners, managers, users and policymakers.
Following up on the "Social change" workshop held at the GlobalABC 2022 General Assembly, this session aims to highlight the necessary paradigm shift towards more sufficiency and frugality in buildings. Through various experiences, it seeks to inspire the actors of the value chain and encourage international cooperation on the topic.
- Yamina SAHEB, IPCC leading author, OPENEX
- Dominique GAUZIN-MUELLER, Architect, Manifesto for a happy frugality in architecture
- Emmanuel de LANVERSIN, Deputy director DHUP (Direction Générale de l'Aménagement, du Logement et de la Nature), Ministry of Ecological Transition, French Republic
- Cécile DAHOME, SEVEA Consulting
- Lucas R. MORO, AMK Cambodia
- Dean COOPER, Global Lead, Energy Transition, WWF
- Marine GIRARD, Head of new projects development, French Institute for Buildings Performance