COP27 Implementation Lab: Achieving the Built Environment 2030 Breakthrough
Place: Action Room 2, Climate Action Zone
Lead organizations: UN High Level Climate Champions
Date: 17 November 2022
Time: 12:30-14:00 EET
Watch live here
Actors demonstrate existing, acted-upon solutions being played out in the sector, and in cities, that are enabling us to achieve the 2030 Breakthrough. This discussion will focus on enablers (with a focus on supply-demand) to scale these solutions at pace and make the call to action to do even more before COP28 in UAE, where Buildings will be a focus sector for the COP28 Presidency.
Fast-paced solutions sharing will build upon the HLCC 2030 Breakthrough Update lever actions (e.g. policy, supply, demand, etc.) to give tangible granularity to the actions we are talking about scaling.
- Victoria Burrows, Director, Advancing Net Zero, WorldGBC
- Nigel Topping, UK High Level Climate Champion
- Nidhi Baiswar, Sustainability & Climate Leadership Director, JLL
- Smith Mordak, Director of Sustainability and Physics, Buro Happold
- Balsam Nehme, Head of Buildings Sustainability, Dar Al-Handasah
- Hastings Chikoko, Africa Regional Director, C40
- Lucy Livesley, Policy & External Affairs Director, REALL
- Alejandra Rivera, Global Programme Manager, Built Environment, IHRB