COP Side Event
Location: EU Pavilion at the COP27
Only 2 % of the global infrastructure investment (USD 46 billion out of USD 2.7 trillion invested in infrastructure each year) integrates resilience and sustainability considerations. There is a global urgency to build resilient infrastructure which can withstand disaster and climate related shocks and ensures sustainability, particularly in the most vulnerable countries and developing economies. The session will draw experiences from CDRI as a multi-stakeholder coalition which promotes resilient infrastructure globally and also share specific best practice case studies from international (IFC) and EU financial institutions in promoting resilient infrastructure to scale up climate adaptation and resilience globally.
- Mr. Emmanuel B. Nyirinkindi – Vice President, Cross Cutting Solutions, World Bank Group (IFC)
- Moderator: Ms. Carla Montesi, Director Green Deal and Digital Agenda, EU
- Mr. Harleen Oberei, Senior VP Head Project Management for Tata Realty & Infrastructure
- Mr. Carlo Sanzez, CEO, Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment (CCRI)
- Mr. Amit Prothi, Director General, Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)