The one-year countdown to COP26 has officially begun and business leadership only continues to grow, as evidenced by the UK’s ever-increasing number of signatories to the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment. UKGBC is now taking this leadership further as one of several European GBCs who are working on proposals for a major new initiative: the development of a Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap for the built environment.
The roadmap aims to build consensus on the pathway to a net zero carbon built environment through:
- Developing carbon targets in line with the Paris Agreement
- Setting out actions, owners and processes to achieve targets
- Enabling consistent sector-based action plans
This is your first chance to learn about how this roadmap can apply to your organisation and what actions you can take as we move towards a net zero built environment.
- Charlie Foster, MD of Large Corporate Commercial Real Estate, NatWest
- Dr Jannik Giesekam, Research Fellow in Industrial Climate Policy, University of Leeds
- Will Hall, Head of Buildings and Industry for COP26, BEIS
- Martina Otto, Head, Cities Unit, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and Head of the Secretariat of the Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC)
- Stephen Richardson, Director, Europe Regional Network, WorldGBC
- John Alker, Director of Policy and Places, UKGBC
- More TBC