We are glad to invite you to attend a High-Level Parallel Working Session - “Towards a Buildings Breakthrough”, on 18 May, 11:00-12:00 CAT, organised by the GlobalABC, in partnership with the World Resources Institute (WRI) and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) in the framework of the 2022 SEforALL Forum, taking place in Kigali, Rwanda.
The session will feature decision-makers and policy leaders advocating for a global commitment towards a zero emission, efficient and resilient buildings and construction sector in line with the UNFCCC Human settlements - Climate Action Pathway. Panelists will discuss the benefits of establishing a Buildings Breakthrough as part of the Breakthrough Agenda launched at COP26 in Glasgow, for accelerating the transformation of the sector globally. Participants will discuss key topics that the Buildings Breakthrough should address to accelerate progress such as sustainable finance, operational and embodied energy, building materials, planning and water.
The objective of this session is to encourage countries and the entire value chain to join forces with the GlobalABC and partners like the WRI to work towards a Buildings Breakthrough in the run-up to COP27.
Participants will include:
- Jennifer Layke, Global Director, Energy, World Resources Institute
- H.E. Dr. Ernest Nsabimana, Minister of Infrastructure, Rwanda
- Jamila El Harizi, Head of the Architectural Valorization and Sustainability Division, Ministry of National Territory Planning, Land Planning, Housing and City Policy, Kingdom of Morocco
- David Mutisya, Acting Director for Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Tilly Lenartowicz, Engineering Director, MASS Design Group
- Emmanuel de Lanversin, Deputy Director, Department of Housing, Urban Planning and Landscapes, French Ministry of Ecological Transition, GlobalABC co-chair
✍️ Register now for virtual participation!