Concrete is the most used material on earth after water, it is the vital building material that has shaped our modern world. As we face the important challenges for future generations - addressing the need to build prosperous, sustainable and resilient communities, including key infrastructure, safe homes, clean water, as well as supporting the transition to low carbon energy - concrete will be required to build the sustainable world of tomorrow.
- Keynote - Selwin Hart, Special Advisor to the Secretary General of the United Nations for Climate Action and Just Transition
- Jan Jenisch, CEO, Holcim - and President, Global Cement and Concrete Association
- Thomas Guillot, CEO, Global Cement and Concrete Association
- Mike Ireland, President and CEO, Portland Cement Association
- Ron Henley – President, GCC America and Chairman, Portland Cement Association
- Filiberto Ruiz – President and CEO, Votorantim Cimentos North America and Vice Chairman, Portland Cement Association
- María José García - Executive Director, Federación Interamericana del Cemento (FICEM)
i) Decarbonisation progress to date, including:
- ‘Global commitment to local action’ programme – progress around the world
- Cement industry decarbonisation activity – projects and action inn USA and across the world
ii) What still needs to be addressed to accelerate progress including:
- Investment and financing, innovation, policy levers and government commitment
- CCUS, green procurement, built environment, design and greater resilience
- What is needed to ensure a whole-systems effort to achieving net zero by 2050
Online viewing - Registration to receive the live online viewing link can be found here.
In person attendance - Guests intending to attend the event in person can register by emailing Emily.email@example.com.