MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
EmiratesGBC is a non-government organisation that promotes and educates on sustainability in the built environment and is the official Green Building Council for the UAE endorsed by the World Green Building Council. EmiratesGBC currently has around 150 members which represents thousands of individuals interested and involved in Green Building in the UAE and the region. In addition, EmiratesGBC members receive discounts on a number of programmes such as those related to education and training and green building events.
The Emirates Green Building Council (EmiratesGBC) was founded in June 2006, and became a full member of the World Green Building Council in September 2006.
EmiratesGBC vision is for the UAE to be a global leader for sustainability in the built environment. It works on achieving that vision by working together with policy-makers, NGOs, private entities, and financial institution to advance sustainability in the Built Environment in the UAE.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
EmiratesGBC has worked on many initiatives such as:
- Publishing Benchmarks, Market Briefs, Reports, and other papers
- Working with various governmental entities to develop sustainable policies and strategies
- Providing training and capacity building
- Providing a platform to exchange the latest ideas and innovation
- Accelerating the transition to a sustainable built environment through various programs and initiatives