MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
Botswana Green Building Council -BotGBC is a partnership led national industry association established to bring cross-sectoral stakeholders together towards the nurturing and growth of a sustainable green built environment in Botswana. Our vision is aligned to the WorldGBC’s ambition for accelerating the transformation towards a sustainable built environment, aligning with all 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Our goal is to promote, facilitate and enable the green building transformation agenda improving the quality of inclusive, equitable human settlements within Botswana by 2030. Our mission is to advance sustainability in Botswana’s building industry through advocacy, capacity building, certification, monitoring and evaluation, research and Innovation, pilot projects and demonstrations. We aim to have high performance buildings and to drive the adoption of green buildings in Botswana, as a lever towards inclusive and sustainable human settlements that leaves no one behind.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
Botswana Green Building Council is part of the Technical Working Group with Botswana Bureau of Standards' whose objectives is to re-develop the Botswana building standards especially around energy standards.
Botswana Green Building Council is a part of the Africa Green Building Council Outreach Committee, where the committee is established with the Mission of supporting the WorldGBC Africa Network promoting the adoption of green building concepts across the region and developing networking activities geared towards increasing the depth and width of representation and membership of the WorldGBC Africa Network. The Objective of the Outreach Committee:
- Support the actions of the regional head to best execute the programs designed.
- Increase the participation of the WorldGBC Africa Network members in advocating for issues related to the network.
- Develop and implement actions as assigned in the global strategy in order to achieve WorldGBC Africa Network objectives and goals.
- Strengthen the relationship between African GBCs
- Provide a networking opportunity within the African green community.
- Educate the public regarding the state of green building in Africa and get them acquainted with solutions available. Botswana Green Building Council is a member of Business Botswana, under the Construction and the Built Environment, a private lead, not for profit sector.