GlobalABC Webinar: Green buildings vs. the crisis
Green stimulus programmes in the building sector: a solution for economic recovery and climate protection?
Stimulus programmes for the building sector can boost a Green Recovery after Covid-19. Over 10% of global GDP and 220 million jobs depend on the building sector globally. The programmes can be highly effective to stimulate the economy, while moving the whole sector to a new and greener state.
Practitioners and development banks presented successful green building programmes and discuss possibilities for financing them. The event wasorganised by the Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction and its Work Area on Finance.
The webinar featured:
- Yves-Laurent Sapoval, Ministry for an Ecological and Solidary Transition (MTES), France
- Rusmir Music, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Vyacheslav Koval, Energy Efficiency Fund, Ukraine
- José Lopez, Agence Francaise de Développement (AFD)
- Michael Oppermann, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Roland Hunziker, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Christiana Hageneder, Programme for Energy Efficiency in Buildings (PEEB)
You can find the recording here