MAIN GOALS - GENERAL ACTIVITIES - FIELD OF EXPERTISES
The Wuppertal Institute sees itself as a leading international think tank for sustainability research focused on impacts and practical application. The organisation's activities are centred on developing transformation processes aimed at shaping a climate-friendly and resource-efficient world. Its Energy Policy Research Unit analyses policy packages and instruments supporting the transition towards a sustainable and energy-efficient energy system based on renewable energy.
ACTIVITY RELATED TO LOW GHG AND ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND RESILIENT BUILDINGS
Below are a few examples:
• Bigee is an international knowledge platform for energy efficiency in buildings, building-related technologies, and appliances in the world’s main climatic zones.
• RurEnergy aims to drive rural households’ adoption of cost-effective systematic energy retrofitting solutions for rural houses in China.
• SusBuild aimed to scale up sustainable building practices in less developed western China through fostering sustainable building practices among MSMEs.
• TCAP-India - Climate Smart Affordable Housing in India supported the Climate Smart Buildings programme in India, namely, development of Thermal Comfort Action Plan 2050 and Thermal Comfort Standards cum Guidelines for Affordable Housings.
• Combi and MICAT quantify multiple impacts of building energy efficiency in Europe.