Building on the findings of the report on the value-chain approach launched by the joint task group of the International Resource Panel and the One Planet network, a series of consultations is beginning to collectively define a common agenda for action.
Following the consultations on food, the network turns now to the construction sector. The initial set of consultations will focus on identifying existing innovative business and policy solutions, through a series of 3 expert workshops focusing on the key findings from the construction value-chain analysis:
- Purchasing power: How public procurement exerts influence throughout the Construction value chain - 1st of July (14:00 - 16:00 CEST)
- Follow the investments: How financing shapes the Construction value chain - 8th of July (14:00 - 16:00 CEST)
- Behind the building code: How planning and design frame action along the Construction value chain - 16th of July (14:00 - 16:00 CEST)
The consultation workshops will be discussions amongst experts who work along different stages of the value chain, in order to identify existing solutions that help to reinforce the messages from the value-chain analysis. Experts are expected to:
- Participate in the workshop(s)
- Undertake preparatory readings and provide feedback: max 4 hours in total.
This is an opportunity to highlight interesting tools and solutions that already exist and which may help to define a broader common agenda for action to increase sustainability in the construction sector.